Thread: Throwing an idea out there

Forum Junior

Throwing an idea out there

Sup FanT's.
    So over at WPP, we're at a bit of an organisational crossroads. Discussing our teams, what we should do in the future etc. As it is, we have more folks wanting to play than spots in pretty well the one consistent team we have the 4v4. Couldn't even muster 8 against uK for a freeplay the other night without asking them to let us grab unlisteds out of TS lol. sad. But we DO have folks wanting to play. Just usually not at the same time.
    What's been mentioned more than once, is maybe trying to get a 16v16 team happening with your good selves for the GA ladder, and the lols. Nothing hardcore serious, no practice nights or any of that crap, just a bunch of mid-high tier players playing for fun. If you're anything like us, you probably have guys around the edges of your main teams that hardly ever get a game, and they're the main blokes we want to cater for.
    So anyway, I'm only posting to see if there would be any interest at all in some type of "Fantasy Whirlpool" 16p team. We still have a bunch of opinions that need to be heard first etc. Although it's been talked about, really only an official thread started today.
    If any admins or spokesman wants to talk about it further, hell, you know where we are. Can PM myself or Muddy on the forums, jump in our TS or just post here whatever. Pref not on battlelog though, cause that chat system kinda sucks.
    I'll direct Muddy to this thread too, he can spit stuff out a bit more coherently than me.
    Take it easy guys.

****Forum King****

FanT Clan Member
    I accept WPP's challenge.

Are we talking friendlies against other large clans or entering something like the GA ladder but only playing casually?

Forum Senior
    Forum Pilot
    ***Forum Master***

FanT Clan Member
    Yea sounds pretty good in my opinion, but would need someone to organise it, as it is I can barely play bf3 ATM due to my shitty net,
    So if someones willing to step up to organise/captain it, should be fine, will talk with the other fants 2nite/2moro

Edit: can use ma godlike strats from season 1
    Last edited by Rices; 11th August 2012 at 08:08 PM.

Forum Senior
    Forum Pilot
    ***Forum Master***

FanT Clan Member
    sounds like fun, I always liked the ga16v16, just that we found it hard to pull the numbers, but now that we don't have CG anymore perhaps we can.

So basically our thinking, we create 1 team for 16v16, we try and field 8 WPPers and 8 Fanties, if either is short for the match we'll try and get more from one. We basically try and mix our skills around Eg, i'll jump in as gunner for astro, schnapy in a tank along with highstakes in his own and so on. We work together to work out an overall strat, if we are really keen, can even have maybe a joint practice/fuck around night.

Honestly, i think if we joined forces for something like this we would have a very strong team, let us know what you are thinking.

****Forum King****

FanT Clan Member
    Can I drive the Stationary AA?

I think it's a pretty solid yes from us. Can't say much about the availability of players for practice and stuff though, will have to see how people feel after the first match.

Forum Senior
    Forum Pilot
    ***Forum Master***

FanT Clan Member

I dont just let any old scrub gun for me, besides, I'm retired.

Forum Junior

FanT Clan Member

HB also have members with no place to go .. im sure if you need cannon fodder they will step up to the plate!

****Forum King****

FanT Clan Member
    Hmmm.

A FANTASY WHIRLY BADGER!?!?!?

Forum Senior
    Forum Pilot
    ***Forum Master***

FanT Clan Member
    Organisational wise.

I can setup a private forum like this. Which is what we usually do with our ladders. makes things much easier.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fourm.png 
Views:	63 
Size:	26.7 KB 
ID:	516

Two ways:
    1. Registered fant members can see/post + I'll make a different coloured WPP group, so they can see/post (benefit of receiving automatic emails when a new match is ready for signup)

or?

2. registered fant members can see/post + unregistered users with the link& password can go in and see/post.
    Last edited by Andrew; 12th August 2012 at 11:24 AM.

Forum Senior
    Forum Pilot
    ***Forum Master***

FanT Clan Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Organisational wise.

I can setup a private forum like this. Which is what we usually do with our ladders. makes things much easier.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fourm.png 
Views:	63 
Size:	26.7 KB 
ID:	516

Two ways:
    1. Registered fant members can see/post + I'll make a different coloured WPP group, so they can see/post (benefit of receiving automatic emails when a new match is ready for signup)

or?

2. registered fant members can see/post + unregistered users with the link& password can go in and see/post.
    I reckon setup a WPP group. Maybe just a different group called Allies or Friends or whatever. Would probably be better then a password as a password could get leaked

Ok we are getting numbers together, can you please do me up a list of players (IGN & roles they would be suited for)

I'll create a team soon once i have the list, we need to get on TS together to sort out our team name (nuss proposed a goodie). After that we'll get everyone to join the team, and go from there!

Forum Senior
    Forum Pilot
    ***Forum Master***

FanT Clan Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MudcrabWarrior View Post
    Ok we are getting numbers together, can you please do me up a list of players (IGN & roles they would be suited for)

I'll create a team soon once i have the list, we need to get on TS together to sort out our team name (nuss proposed a goodie). After that we'll get everyone to join the team, and go from there!
    Alrighty well I already know everyones favourite roles. I'll do a post soonish as to who wants to be apart of teh team

Forum Junior
    Hey guys.
    It's looking good. Had a good convo with some of the boys in the shoutbox over the way yesterday, and the enthusiasm is definitely there.
    Even better, folks are coming out of the woodwork and expressing their intent to play in our thread as well.
    nuss was saying you guys might not be able to get 2 squads up, but at this stage, it's *looking* like we might be able to cover that with players, and hopefully get enough to have overlap players which we'll need to not get caught short.
    @andy - tbh I really can't see our guys coming over here and signing up to check out games or strats or whatever, they're a bunch of lazy sods like myself :P If you want, it looks like we will probably provide the bulk of players, I can set up a forum on our site where most of you guys have accounts anyway, and lock it down to the team only, and probably our contributors so they can see whats going on. Pretty much what we do now for our CG forums. Really all I gotta do is make the forum, make a FanT group and put y'all in it, and give access to FanT and contribs. Probably take 5 mins max. Can also give access to any FanT that wants to just see what's going on whether they want to play or not. No problems.
    Lemme know if that's cool with you man.
    Lots of people looking forward to this. Seems 16p is more folks cup'o'tea than 4 or 8.
    Also if uK ain't playing in this ladder, we'll have Izzy Blues for the jet
    Last edited by d0g; 21st August 2012 at 07:28 AM.